What We Believe
It is the goal of Evangelistic Outreach to work with Bible-Believing Christians across many denominational lines, without compromising the fundamentals of the faith.
However, we are not ecumenical. Most of the groups we work with are many kinds of Baptists, Holiness and Independent, Fundamental, Bible believing churches. Listed below is a brief statement of faith which sets forth the basic Bible doctrines we teach and preach:
- The plenary and verbal inspiration of the Bible and its inerrancy as God's Holy Word.
- The Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit: three persons in one essence in the unity of the Godhead.
- The creation of man by the direct act of God and man's subsequent fall as revealed in the Genesis account.
- The Deity, Incarnation, Virgin Birth and sinless humanity of Jesus Christ our Lord; His substitutionary death on the cross as the atonement for man's sin; His bodily resurrection from the tomb; His ascension into Heaven to sit at the Father's right hand; the imminent personal and visible return of Christ in power and great glory.
- The power of Christ to save men eternally from the penalty of sin through faith in His shed blood, and the gift of eternal life by the grace of God.
- The new birth of all who believe on Him through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit.
- The sanctification of the believer by the Holy Spirit through the Word.
- The final judgment of the wicked and Satan's doom with the wicked in the lake of fire.
- The eternal happiness of the righteous in the presence of the Lord and the ushering in of eternal righteousness in the new Heaven and the new earth.